Core Clinical Partners is a physician services company specializing in both Emergency Medicine and Hospital Medicine. We are quickly growing and were recently named #40 on Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies across the US!
Because of our exciting growth, we are hiring a Controller to work remotely in proximity to Lafayette, LA. The Controller plans and directs the accounting operations for the Company to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and payroll. This position develops and manages accounting standards, best practices, and tools for efficient, effective, and compliant operations. This position also serves as an advisor to leadership on accounting matters.
If this summarizes your work experiences and interests; and if you are someone ready to make an impact with a positive mindset, please continue reading below and apply with us today!
▪ Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
▪ Oversees the production of financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
▪ Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
▪ Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
▪ Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
▪ Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
▪ Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
▪ Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
▪ Train, develop, direct and support accounting employees in their essential duties.
▪ Manage employee performance using clear expectations, accountability, goals, and feedback.
▪ Foster open lines of communication with colleagues, employees and stakeholders.
▪ Maintains a strict level of confidentiality for all company information.
▪ Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
▪ High degree of knowledge with accounting policies, procedures and controls.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly articulate information
▪ Gather and analyze information to make informed assessments and recommendations
▪ Utilize independent judgment to make sound decisions and determine areas of collaboration, escalation, and autonomy
▪ Navigate competing priorities and effectively work in a fast-paced environment ▪ Identify and execute opportunities for improvement
▪ Exhibit growth mindset and team-orientated behaviors ▪ Efficiently utilize and understand MS Excel and other software used in the position
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
▪ Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
▪ 7 years of accounting experience required.
▪ 3 years of Healthcare Accounting experience required.
▪ Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP and industry specific standards.
▪ Significant experience with accounting policies, procedures and controls.
▪ Experience managing a multi-functional accounting team.
▪ Yes, direct and indirect management of accounting employees
▪ Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer
▪ Generally a remote office setting
▪ Remote work with travel for in-person meetings and events. The employee must have reliable access to internet.
▪ Strongly prefer the employee to be located within proximity to Lafayette, LA.
Core Clinical Partners is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job fill out the form below or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org