Coding Audit Manager
Core Clinical Partners is a physician services company specializing in both Emergency Medicine and Hospital Medicine. We are quickly growing and were recently named #40 on Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies across the US! We were founded on the principles of partnership, transparency, and alignment. Through years of experience in the industry, we have created a partnership model that brings Hospitals, Physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers together with the common goal of providing outstanding patient care.
Because of our exciting growth, we are hiring a Coding Audit Manager. The Coding Audit Manager will collaborate with coders, providers, compliance, and revenue cycle team members on appropriate medical record documentation to assure accurate reflection of the level of patient care and acuity in support of optimum coding and reimbursement. If this summarizes your work experiences and interests; and if you are someone ready to make an impact with a positive mindset, please continue reading below and apply with us today!
- Review Medical Records for inconsistent coding practices and offer remediating solutions.
- Perform ongoing outreach/education for new and existing coders on Emergency Medicine & Hospital Medicine coding and documentation requirements using a variety of formats.
- Advise and educate internal operations teams on documentation coding by participating in Monthly Facility/Team Meeting group sessions.
- Monthly Facility analysis and trending to identify documentation and RVU outliers at the facility or provider level.
- Action Plan development and outreach prioritization.
- Outlier provider/facility escalation using established policies and processes.
- Participate in provider Electronic Medical Record (EMR) training and provide feedback/clarification on documentation and coding workflow concepts.
- Participate in company-wide initiatives related to clinical documentation improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt, modify and prioritize while adhering to strict deadlines and a willingness to shift priorities to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical coding and billing systems and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory and policy compliance issues related to medical coding and billing procedures and documentation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of team members.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and demonstrate the initiative to resolve issues in support of improvement efforts.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently to analyze and solve problems.
- Adept at learning proprietary software applications.
- Preferred: RHIA, CDI, CPC, CCS, CCS-P,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years’ experience in Hospital or Physician practice environment desired.
- Experience with Evaluation & Management coding; hospital medicine background preferred.
- EHR/EMR (Electronic Health Record/Electronic Medical Record) experience required.
- Chart Auditing/Optimization experience is a must.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to travel to company and client sites
- Generally, an office setting
- Occasional work in hospital administrative and patient care areas with potential exposure to communicable diseases and difficult patient care situations
- Remote work with travel for in-person meetings and events. . The employee must have reliable access to internet
- Strongly prefer the employee to be located within proximity to Lafayette, Louisiana
Core Clinical Partners is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job fill out the form below or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org