cash reconciliation specialist
Core Clinical Partners is a physician services company specializing in both Emergency Medicine and Hospital Medicine. We are quickly growing and was recently named Inc.5000 list of fastest growing private companies across the US!
We were founded on the principles of partnership, transparency, and alignment. Through years of experience in the industry, we have created a partnership model that brings Hospitals, Physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers together with the common goal of providing outstanding patient care.
Because of our exciting growth, we are hiring a Cash Reconciliation Specialist. The Cash Reconciliation Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the review of timely and accurate posting of payments, adjustments, and denial transactions into the computerized billing system. Responsible for reconciling and balancing posted transactions to batch totals. Working electronic revenue and remittance files, paper remittance advices, following up on and resolving credit balance and unmatched accounts, contacting payors regarding reimbursement issues, ensuring that balances are posted, adjusted, and refunded in accordance with the established payer, regulatory and company procedures. If this summarizes your work experiences and interests; and if you are someone ready to make an impact with a positive mindset, please continue reading below and apply with us today!
- Accurately identify patient, account number and type of payment/procedure for account application.
- Effectively communicate with inquiring parties (patients, insurance companies or other A/R teams) regarding patient account.
- Reconciles posted transactions to batch totals.
- Identifies and resolves credit balance accounts.
- Contact payors to resolve problems associated with payment transactions.
- Ensures that balances are transferred to the appropriate payor.
- Ensures timely daily resolution of any unidentified/unmatched accounts (unable to identify the patient account/line item to accurately post)
- Correspond with remote locations to verify payments are sent and received, including patient names, account numbers and types of payments.
- Auditing previously posted payments.
- Month End bank reconciliation process to include invoice approvals.
- Must have the ability to stay focused and perform job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above-mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Detail oriented individual with medical billing and collections experience.
- Experience posting insurance payments, adjustments, and refunds.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, prioritize, and organize.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel a plus.
- Experience in a multitasking environment
- Collaborate with an array of professionals at various client groups and geographic locations
- Navigate competing priorities and effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit growth mindset and team-orientated behaviors
- High school diploma with at least three (3) years of healthcare Revenue Cycle experience required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in accounts receivable and cash reconciliation
- Emergency/Hospital Medicine experience preferred but not required
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer
- Generally, a remote office setting
- Remote work with travel for in-person meetings and events. . The employee must have reliable access to internet
- Strongly prefer the employee to be located within proximity to Lafayette, Louisiana
Core Clinical Partners is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job fill out the form below or email your details to email@example.com